My adventures with HHS na NSA story

Dear Friends!

Let me share with you my story about the issue with Department of Health and Human Services that is still in progress. 

Some time ago I have sent some e-mails to a few Federal Government agencies with serious questions about protecting the health of all Americans both black and white.
The answer wasn't as I expected. 

 

My e-mails were intercepted by an NSA computer.  NSA had a system on which they could intercept and log any e-mail you sent.  

This system did not allow you to be able to see the full message or the sender.  When NSA had access to this systems they were able to intercept e-mails and other documents on my system.  It is not just me; it is an NSA analyst who was watching my system.  This is a serious security breach.  The system I had in place was very insecure.

 It was not only my e-mails but I had a system that had millions of messages from hundreds of thousands of sources, thousands of sources and hundreds of thousands of source sites.  I was in the process of sending e-mails with many tens of thousands of recipients, and it was a very dangerous system to have, and it would take an awful lot of hacking or other security breaches in my system for me to be breached.

When NSA had access to my e-mail address, they could have hacked it if they wanted.  In addition to this I was using the same e-mail address to use my bank account with several banks and credit cards, and it was just so important to me to use that address. 

It was so dangerous to be using one address to do business with and not using another.  I was not a professional, and in my experience security breaches tend to be small.  So they wanted to see how far they could get. So, a few months ago, the NSA wanted to do some research about some of the information in my e-mail server and how it might be leaked in other areas. 

They were willing to do that at my request.  I was very grateful to them for this. They took a look at my e-mail and they determined that my server had a lot of sensitive data. 

They asked me if I was prepared to send those sensitive data, which, of course, is not a big deal for me because I do not want to do anything that is illegal or would cause someone to suffer, but they wanted me to give them all the e-mails of all my employees that I have worked with and that I sent to all my employees on this server.

So, they were searching my e-mails, finding all of my e-mails that they wanted from people, and then they sent my passwords to NSA. 

In fact, this was the password used by some of the staff at NSA's data storage center in Fort Meade, MD.  The password on my system that I had used for my company since the day I joined the company, my password. 

I didn't change that one password, but I changed the password for all of my employees on the server that I used for that e-mail and used for all their e-mails and all of their passwords, and then my employees all changed their passwords. 

The NSA then sent this password to me so that the NSA could find all of their sensitive data in my data storage.  It was a pretty big request, and I was very grateful for their help. So, they took my e-mails and the password of all my employees and sent them to NSA to have it stored. 

I was very grateful for all those minutes spent with NSA that we got to work on this.  I knew this was very important work because I had been working on other security problems related to my e-mails, but this kind of massive leak of data was really important for me to work on this.

It was a lot more than a mere security breach, it was a security breach that was very damaging, and this was something I needed to address immediately and I was going to continue working on it with them.

I have not yet received a letter from the Department of Health and Human Services regarding my request for information regarding the Department of Energy. However, I do not believe that it is my role as an environmental advocacy organization to interfere into the health or environmental activities of any individual.

While I am not personally invested in one particular agency, as an environmental advocate, I believe that it is important to be aware of the issues that are related to their activities, as these may affect all Americans.

As an American citizen and naturalist, I feel it is my responsibility to understand the science behind the environmental issues we face, and to inform the public on what is needed for a sustainable future. As part of a broad, comprehensive agenda, I am proud to stand in solidarity with all Americans who are concerned about the environment, and I urge Americans to contact me with any questions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has my Smart TV camera been hacked - weird story with spying TV and camera